Our pharmacy prides a team of Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians who work together to provide medication distribution and clinical services to our hospital patients using a pharmaceutical care model. These services include:
- Clinical pharmacist services (e.g. medication profile management, therapeutic drug monitoring, recommendations regarding medication therapy, patient counselling, monitoring for adverse drug reactions and interactions)
- Drug information
- Development of policies and procedures to promote safe, evidence-based medication use
- Provision of computer-generated medication administration records for all inpatients.
- Purchasing, storage and distribution of medications
- Drug manufacturing, including sterile compounding.
- All medication orders are checked for possible drug interactions, allergies, and appropriate dosing. Pharmacists counsel patients on medications and monitor response to therapy while in hospital.